OPEN HOUSE with Dr. Art Hister, February 21, 2016 at 2–4pm
Join award-winning physician, educator and media personality, Dr. Art Hister for an informative and entertaining presentation:
Laughter is the Best Medicine: Some Laughs (and Health Information)
Presentation will be followed by a meet and greet with Dr. Hister and a tour of our Assisted Living Suites and Multi-Level Care Unit. Live music. Refreshments will be served. Cost is FREE but space is limited.
Reserve your spot today!
Please RSVP to 604-261-9622
Dr. Art Hister graduated from McGill University in 1970. He interned at the Jewish General Hospital and moved to Vancouver in 1971 to become the first full-time physician with the Pine Free Clinic, the first Canadian clinic established to deal exclusively with transient youth. He entered private practice in Kitsilano in 1977. Dr. Hister has been a correspondent for CBC Newsworld and BBC Radio 5 and is currently a daily health analyst on the Morning News on Global TV in BC.
About the Weinberg:
We are a private boutique residence for Jewish seniors who wish to remain connected to their community, surrounded by caring people who share their culture and respect their individuality.
These provisions include:
- Three kosher meals a day served in our elegant dining room
- Private dining available for birthdays, family dinners and other special occasions
- Amenities such as hair salon, activity room and library
- A comfortable fireside lounge for visiting with friends and family
- Membership in the Chava and Abrasha Wosk Synagogue
- Celebration of all Jewish holidays and festivals
- An expansive calendar of programs and activities for your enjoyment
- 24-hour nursing coverage
Part of the Dr. Irving & Phyllis Snider Campus for Jewish Seniors, located in the heart of Vancouver’s Jewish community, the Weinberg Residence is supported by the community and donations from the Louis Brier Jewish Aged Foundation.