Updated Visitation Process at Weinberg Residence
We are pleased to share new guidelines for visitation with you. We hope that these new guidelines will help improve the quality of visits and our resident’s ability to connect with their family or friends while still upholding all safety protocols. The Ministry’s guidelines will be in effect as of April 1, 2021.
CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO SCHEDULE YOUR VISITATION
Designated Social Visits
- There is no longer a restriction on the number of designated social visitors. This means that residents can visit with family or friends beyond their previous one designated visitor. Social visits can occur with a maximum of two adult visitors and one child (under 18) at one time.
- Indoor social visits will take place in residents’ private Assisted Living (AL) suites or Multi-Level Care (MLC) rooms. As well as one outdoor area.
- Residents will be able to have up to three visits per week either indoor or outdoor that can last 60 minutes. This does not mean that every visitor can visit three times in a week, rather the resident can have three different or the same people book in their visitation time. If more than three visits are booked within a week for a resident, the Visitation Assistant may contact you to help you rebook to the following week.
- All indoor and outdoor visits MUST be booked ahead of time online. (weinbergresidence.com). This is a guideline set by the Province.
- All visitors will be screened at the Weinberg courtyard entrance. Visitors with signs and symptoms of illness shall not be permitted to visit. Indoor visitors must go directly to the resident’s AL suite or MLC room – unless taking the resident outside. Please DO NOT spend time in common areas or socializing with other residents. Indoor visitors are asked not to use common washrooms. You are welcome to use the washroom in resident’s AL suite or MLC room.
- Masks MUST be worn indoor and outdoor at all times by visitors. Therefore, sharing of food cannot be permitted at this time.
- Moving forward social and essential visitors will not be required to change their clothing.
- Visitors must comply with Weinberg infection, prevention and control protocols, which include the use of hand sanitizer before and after the visit and keeping a mask on at all times.
- Visitors are allowed brief contact with their family member and/or friend. However, the visitor is required to keep their mask on at all times. A contact would include: hugging, handholding and kissing are permitted with a mask worn at all times without any exceptions.
Gifts, Animals, Food
- Animals are allowed in for a visit but must remain on a leash at all times.
- There are no restrictions on gifts for the resident provided they are safe.
- Visitors are welcome to bring food for the resident to consume in their own AL suite or MLC room.
Same Day Social/Leisure Outings
Residents who have the physical and cognitive capacity to leave the Weinberg on their own are allowed to do so with the understanding of risk to self.
Residents who cannot leave independently may leave the residence with the assistance of their visitor for social or leisure outings. For social/leisure outings, please notify the AL or MLC nursing staff in advance, to ensure they have prepared the resident for an outing.
During a social/leisure outing the designate visitor and resident must wear a medical grade mask and follow public health guidelines.
Same Day Social/Leisure Outings
- New online booking system will open Thursday, April 1st at 10:00AM.
- New visitation process will begin officially Thursday, April 1st
- All visits need to be pre-booked through Weinberg Scheduler (signup.com) link located on our website or by calling 236-788-8744.